There have been many studies that prove how music has a wonderful and transformative effect our mood, alleviates stress, and improves our health. Some of these health benefits include decreased blood pressure, ease of muscle tension, a boost in immunity and fewer symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Personally, I am drawn to listening to classical piano music in order to help myself relax. When listening to classical piano, I find myself so engrossed and fascinated by the melodies and harmonies that I very easily forget about my daily burdens and stresses. Often times I even fall asleep! However, this is not to say that any music that soothes the soul cannot be relaxing for someone. Many people find it difficult to connect to classical music because of the lack of lyrics. The next time you have a challenge in your life, I encourage you to take a couple minutes (if possible) to stop, listen and connect to your most beloved songs, then return to your challenge with a hopefully now clearer mind.
My suggested playlist for relaxation:
- Sergi Rachmaninov-Op. 23, No. 4 Andante Cantabile in D Major
- Frederic Chopin-Nocturne In E Flat Major, Op.9 No.2
- Franz Schubert–Moment Musicaux #6
- Claude Debussy–First Arabesque
- Johannes Brahms-Intermezzo No. 1 in E-Flat Major
- Ludwig van Beethoven-Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major, Op. 73