This heart-healthy dessert is absolutely delicious and so easy to make! Sometimes we just have to have that something sweet after dinner to complete the meal and this recipe does just that, but without the added fat and processed sugars so many other deserts leave us with. Check out heart.org for other simple heart-healthy deserts and recipes!
Gingered Fruit with Walnuts
- 2 cups diced red delicious apples
- 2 cups diced pears
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (divided)
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine apples, pears, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in medium bowl and toss to coat fruit with juice.
- Combine 1 tablespoon lime juice, yogurt, honey, and ginger in a small bowl and stir to mix.
- Add yogurt mixture to fruit and toss.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with walnuts just before serving.