We want each of our clients to be as comfortable as possible during their recovery process.
The following is a guideline of things you may need to bring for your stay:
Note: Please be aware that some of the items listed below may be kept in the self-care closet for safety purposes. Disallowed items will be kept secured and returned upon discharge.
Essential items to bring for admission:
- A list of all physicians and therapists you have worked with in the past five years
- A list of all prescribed medications you are currently taking
- A list of medications you have previously taken
- Any medical records you are able to obtain
- A bag containing all of the medications you are currently taking (in pharmacy dispensing bottles, not in day containers), including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements or other remedies. Brookhaven Retreat cannot accept any type of medication in a sample pack or bottle.
- Your medical insurance card for your perscription medications
- A drivers license or photo ID
Items you should consider bringing:
- Comfortable clothing - we recommend you bring a limited supply of clothing; laundry facilities are available.
Click here for information about our average weather conditions so you can plan for your trip.
- Robe, nightgowns, pajamas, slippers, sweatshirt, jacket
- Comfortable shoes & socks/stockings
- Purse or wallet
- Wrist watch
- Hat/visor, sunglasses
- A favorite blanket and pillow.
- A warm jacket for working with the horses (some like to bring gloves)
- Toiletries (wash cloth, personal body sponge, deodorant stick, body lotion, face cream, powder, make up) - additional supplies can be obtained from nearby retailers such as Wal-Mart and Target, which are a short trip away
- Hair accessories (dryer, hair spray, shampoo, conditioner, etc.) - no curling/flat irons
- Pump products (versus aerosols)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail clippers, tweezers, nail file
- Electric razor (A wet razor can be used per the schedule, but when not in use is kept in a self care closet for safety.)
- An iPod for relaxing music (iPod Shuffles only)
- Fan (this is for "white noise" only. We have full heat and air.)
- Alarm clock (You will not have your cell phone with you through the night so that will not be able to act as an alarm clock)
- Photos of those who are important to you
- Up to $200 in cash. (Any cash in excess of $200 will be transferred to a debit card.)
- A credit or debit card for any purchases you may need
- Swim suit if you like to swim (there is no swimming onsite but there is indoor heated pool at the local fitness center)
- Gym gear and tennis shoes if you like to work out
- A favorite book. Some people like to bring a Bible.
- Address book with your contact addresses and phone numbers
Items it is essential to avoid bringing:
- Anything breakable
- Sharp objects that could be dangerous
- Products with alcohol-based ingredients (e.g. Listerine)
- Valuables of any kind, including jewelry
- Portable Computing Device (laptop, netbook, iPad, e-reader, etc.)
- Curling irons or flat irons
- iPod Touch
- Aerosol Cans (hair spray, deodorant, shaving cream, etc.)