Sometimes, our facial skin looks dull and feels a bit rough. When this is the case, spending self-time with a facial mask is a great way to renew our skin and our outlook on life.
Fruits and vegetables make excellent beauty products because they are loaded with antioxidants and exfoliating enzymes. For gentle skin exfoliation, try this mask. Papain, an enzyme in papayas, encourages cell turnover. It renews skin, dissolves dead cells and imparts a healthy glow. Pumpkin’s antioxidants and natural alpha hydroxy acids encourage exfoliation and reveal beautiful, smooth skin.
The inclusion of tropical fruit and pumpkin make this a perfect recipe for the transition between seasons. The honey packs a hydrating punch for dry skin and egg proteins tone and firm. A fruit mask is much less abrasive than a scrub but equally effective at renewing skin.
The next time you feel stressed or feel like a little me-time is in order, try whipping up this recipe and enjoying the warmth of summer. Recline on your porch or other favorite spot, and let your skin soak up the healthy fruit and your anxiety melt away.
- 1/4 cup green papaya, mashed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mash the green papaya and add to a food processor.
- Beat the egg until frothy and add to papaya.
- Add the pumpkin to the food processor and whip together until smooth.
- To get maximum benefits from this mask, apply to freshly washed skin free from all makeup.
- Cover face with papaya mixture, avoiding eyes.
- Leave mask on skin 10 to 15 minutes. Skin may tingle as the enzymes begin working.
- Rinse off mask with warm water and towel if necessary.
- Follow with moisturizer and enjoy a healthy glow.