It seems with our busy schedules that there is never enough time in the day. Balancing family and work life can at times seem overwhelming. Stress is a normal reaction to the increasing demands of life. Over time, increased levels of stress can lead to health problems. Therefore stress management becomes very important. One of my favorite stress relievers is a warm bath. A warm bath can relax tired muscles as well as provide a temporary escape from stressors.
Try making these bath bombs for your relaxing bath. Lavender essential oil is often used for its soothing qualities as it aids in stress and anxiety relief.
- 1-cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup oats (ground in blender)
- ¼ teaspoon borax
- 2-½ Tablespoon sunflower oil (or other light oil)
- ¾ Tablespoon water
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of Lavender essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Witch Hazel (must be poured into a spray bottle)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (except Borax) until completely combined.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients and the Borax into a large bowl.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Mix with your hands until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Lightly spray the mixture with 2-3 sprays of witch hazel.
- If the mixture is not sticking together spray it with a little more of the witch hazel.
- Pack tightly into molds (I used cupcake molds).
- Let the molds harden overnight.
- Then, drop into warm water whenever you need a soothing bath.