Raking leaves is hard work! So is all the yard work cleaning up after autumn, and it doesn’t get easier from there. We are entering the busy season of family gatherings, holidays and parties, and often end up feeling strained and worn out at the end of the day. The next time you feel overworked and your muscles are feeling it, try this relaxing bath soak to ease the tension from the day.
Sore Muscle Soak
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 1 cup sea salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops bergamot essential oil
- Handful dried rose petals and lavender buds
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and store in a jar away from heat and light.
- Add ½ to 1 cup for each bath you take and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Epsom salt is easily absorbed through the skin, and helps reduce swelling and soothe sore muscles.
- Sea salt’s alkalinity helps de-acidify and cleanse the body. It also reduces lactic acid buildup in the muscles.
- Baking soda softens skin, draws out toxins and adds to the detoxifying effects of the bath.
- Lavender essential oil has been shown to lower anxiety, boost mood and induce relaxation.
- Bergamot’s sweet, citrusy scent is said to induce relaxation and promote confidence.
- And dried rose petals are beautiful to look at!