Whether it is the town we grew up in or the destined island we have dreams of going to, each of us has a city, state or country that holds special meaning to us. For many reasons, mental health issues, finances or hectic schedules included, we may not get the chance to visit these places as often as we would like, if at all, but highlighting our lives with these meaningful destinations can be pretty easy.
Before the days of GPS, paper maps were all we had to point us in the right direction. They were confusing, stressful and a little overwhelming, but they remain an iconic memorabilia of the summer family vacations, random road trips and overall excitement that journeys bring.
Turning these now antiquated and underutilized maps into unique and personal coasters you use each day is an excellent way to keep the positive feelings and inspiration of these special memories and future travels close to your heart.
- Sandstone coasters
- Map of a place that is special to you
- Cardboard or cardstock
- Foam brush
- Mod Podge
- Trace coaster on cardstock or cardboard and cut out the shape; this will be your template.
- Trace the shape of the coaster from the template on the map and cut out.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the back of the map and coaster.
- Press the map onto the coaster, smooth out from center working outwards to remove air bubbles.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on top of the coaster and let it dry.