As the summer season is winding down, it is time to get in a few more peachy recipes. The spicy pepper jack cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet peaches and savory rotisserie. Cooking even simple recipes like this one can be therapeutic to many. It allows us the time to calm our anxieties and boost our mood by focusing our stress and creativity toward one task.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled firm ripe peaches
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooking spray
- Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place tortillas flat on a work surface.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each with ¼ cup chicken, ¼ cup peaches, and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Place 2 quesadillas in pan, and top with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet.
- Cook 1 ½ minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook).
- Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges.
- Serve with sauce.
Yield: 4 servings