This tasty timbale stack recipe is exceedingly rich in nutrients that support our physical and mental health. A beautiful mix of creamy avocado, sweet squash and filling quinoa creates a delectable dish that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary, crushed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, soaked overnight and rinsed well
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1.5 tbsp limejuice
- 2.5 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely minced purple cabbage
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, diced
- Several handfuls of microgreens or clover sprouts, to top
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Toss the cubed squash with the coconut oil, rosemary, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the vegetable broth for about 12 minutes, or until soft and fluffy.
- Add to a mixing bow land mix in the limejuice, parsley, basil, and cabbage.
- Season with a bit of sea salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Set aside.
- Assemble timbales.
- Take an 8-ounce ramekin, and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Use one-third of the squash and pack in gently.
- Next add one third of the diced avocado, and then push one third of the quinoa mixture down into them.
- Press down again.
- Gently flip the ramekin upside down onto a plate.
- Repeat the drill three times.
- Top each ramekin mixture with a generous portion of microgreens or clover sprouts, arranged in a beautiful way.
Source: Beauty Detox Foods