This record-breaking November weather can wreak havoc on our skin. As it loses dewy moisture and our summer glow fades our skin starts looking dry and lackluster.
When the temperature drops, the air turns cold and the winds become harsh, giving our skin a little extra TLC can go a long way to boosting our complexion and our mood. Take some time this month between the busy shopping days and family gatherings to nurture your own physical, emotional and mental health.
Here are five easy and natural tips for glowing skin to include in your own skin and self-care routine:
- Get refreshed. Mint is not only a staple of winter coffees and delicious candy canes, but it is a key ingredient in winter skin care. To refresh your skin and soothe harsh windburn, mash leaves of spearmint with little water and apply on the face both morning and evening. You should notice your face start glowing within a week.
- Try gram pulse flour. Pulse flour is simply ground up chickpeas and applying it to your skin every morning will exfoliate the skin and make even rough skin soft. It is also a great way to cleanse the skin, fighting acne and reducing oil and giving your skin an instant glow. Add two teaspoonfuls of raw milk in one teaspoonful of gram pulse flour. Apply this paste for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off using only water. This can be done 2-3 times a week.
- Embrace healthy nuts. Almonds are filled with Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin E, nutrients that are key components in healthy, glowing skin. Make a winter mix of nuts using almonds, walnuts, and raisins for a nutritious snack that not only protects your skin from winter weather damage, but also protects us from depression in the winter. Almonds can also be used topically. Submerge four almonds in water in the morning, and then peel in the evening. Grind with two teaspoonfuls of milk to form a paste. Apply on the face at night and wash the face with cold water in the morning. Use for roughly 2 weeks and you’ll see a beautiful change in your complexion.
- Eat fiber rich diet. Leafy greens and fiber rich fruits ensure that our insides are healthy, and in return we will notice strong and glowing skin on the outside. Change your complexion by adding more spinach, kale, grapefruit and pomegranate to your diet.
- Drink more water! Last but not least, drink more water, approximately 8-10 glasses of water a day. Staying hydrated is a very effective, easy and natural way to improve dull skin, and will keep your body and mind strong and sharp.