Grouper is a mild flavor fish with a firm texture that can be quite the delight to enjoy. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids levels, a nutrient that has often been shown effective in treating depression and even some symptoms of bipolar disorder if taken along with essential medications. Enjoy this warm curry spiced fish on top of a cool vegetable salad for a beautiful and nutritious dinner.
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 lb grouper, cut into 4 4-oz portions
Vegetable Salad Ingredients:
- ½ cup julienned red bell peppers
- ⅓ cup julienned carrots
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup julienned red onions
- ¼ cup julienned fresh fennel
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Crust each fish fillet with ½ teaspoon red curry paste.
- Lightly coat a large sauté pan with olive oil spray.
- Over medium-high heat, sear fish for 1 minute on each side.
- Transfer to oven and finish cooking for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together bell peppers, carrots, celery, onions, fennel and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine shallots, horseradish, garlic, lemon juice, water, salt and mustard.
- Whisk together until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss together until well combined.
Serve each fish fillet with ⅓ cup Vegetable Salad. Serve with lavosh cracker, if desired.
Source: The Canyon Ranch Kitchen