Trying to go gluten-free? Maybe trying to cut back on starchy foods and incorporate more protein? Try these cute little quiches that are made without the crust.
- 8 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 oz of fresh spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Position rack in the center of your oven and coat a nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, cooking turkey sausage until golden brown.
- Transfer your fully cooked meat to a bowl to cool.
- Add olive oil to the pan, then add mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add cooked mushrooms to the bowl with the turkey sausage.
- Add the water to the skillet (you can use a clean skillet or the one you just cooked the mushrooms in), then add the spinach.
- Simmer until tender 2-3 minutes and the water has evaporated (or drain water).
- Transfer wilted spinach to the bowl with the sausage and mushrooms.
- Add cheese and pepper and stir.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites and your milk.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each cup.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are just beginning to turn brown.
- Let cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Place rack on to op the pan and flip the quiches out.
- Turn upright and cool.
Yield: 12 mini quiches
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr