It’s only taken me a few decades to realize that I am the master of my own universe. If I’m tired, I can sleep. If I need a break in the day, I can take a walk outside. However, if I need a vacation, I can just forget about it and wait until summertime because there’s too much to do! But at very least, I can plan to take a bath at the end of the day.
In fact, that is my favorite go-to stress buster of late. It’s a recipe for putting me in the equation and nurturing myself every single day. I can take my depression, sadness, aching muscles, questions, mania and melt it down in the scalding hot water and watch it get sucked down the drain. What makes it even more effective is the aromatherapy aspect of the experience.
Try this do-it-yourself bath salt concoction using rosemary, one of the most popular essential oils for its ability to stimulate hair growth, boost mental activity, relieve respiratory problems and reduce pain. It also has antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities that make it helpful for eliminating eczema, dermatitis, oily skin, and acne.
You can make them by the jar, or double and triple the recipe to make multiple jars at the same time.
What you need:
- 2 cups of Epsom Salt
- 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 2 drops of Food Coloring
- 4 drops of Essential Oil (Rosemary or another favorite)
- 1 Pint Mason Jar
- Label for jar
- String for packaging
What you do:
- Measure out your salt and your baking soda, and dump them into a mixing bowl.
- Add in your essential oils and your food coloring. Mix together until the color is evenly distributed throughout the salts.
- Funnel your bath salts into your mason jar.
- Create a label.
- Tie a bow.
- Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
- Gift it to someone you know who needs a stress-busting, luxurious bath.