Let’s face it, who doesn’t like to snack on a big bag of salty chips? Unfortunately those chips we all hold so dear to our heart offers little to no nutritional value. Kale on the other hand is not only one of the most popular and trendy vegetables these days but is furthermore one of the top 10 healthiest foods for your body.
Kale is low in calories, high in fiber, and is packed full of minerals that your body is probably lacking. This powerhouse vegetable is full of antioxidants and vitamins that would help aid as well as recover your mind and body from the wear and tear they have taken over the years.
Kale comes in different colors, shapes, and sizes. The color varies from purple to green and it can either have smooth or curly leaf texture. Curly kale is probably the most common and recognizable type that you would find in your local grocery store or Farmer’s Market. You can also purchase Kale in bunches or pre-cut packages.
Introducing kale into your diet is easy and can be done in many different ways from putting a handful into your morning smoothie to sautéing it as a side dish for your dinner. Today I am going to share with you and easy recipe for kale chips. These chips are a delicious starting point that I hope help you begin the process to loving kale. Hope you guys enjoy!
- 2-4 bunches of kale (remember kale is going to dramatically shrink during the cooking process)
- PAM cooking Spray
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly spray a sheet pan with the PAM cooking spray
- Cut your kale up into 1-2” pieces (unless you bought the pre-cut bagged kale) and lay it on your greased pan and then lightly spray over the kale with the cooking spray.
- Combine the seasonings and sprinkle on top of the cut kale leaves.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes (varies on the type of oven you have) or until your kale has turned a darker shade and is crunchy to the touch.
Enjoy these Kale Chips by themselves as a snack or put some on top of foods such as crab cakes for an extra crunch.