I find going to the farmers market is so good for my mental health. There are so many colorful fruits and vegetables, especially in the summer; I just want to bring it all home. Yet, I need to be mindful, and go with a plan, but it’s definitely a place where flexibility is key. When making this recipe, you’re sure to find most of the vegetables especially cucumbers, onions and cucumbers. You might even be lucky enough to find a cheese monger who makes their own feta. This Greek Salad Pita Pizza is truly satisfying and filled of so many essential vitamins it has become my go-to lunch in the summer.
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- ¾ cup hummus
- 4 (1-ounce) whole wheat pitas, un-split and toasted
- 4 thin slices beefsteak or heirloom tomato
- 1/3 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir in the olives and onion.
- Spread 2 tablespoons hummus on the top of each toasted pita.
- Top each with a slice of tomato, spread with 1 more tablespoon hummus in the center of the tomato, and top with the cucumber, bell pepper, onion-olive mixture and feta.
Source: The Skinny Taste Cookbook