Breakfast is hands down the most important meal of the day. Oddly enough, it is the meal that most people tend to skip out on more frequently. Fueling your brain first thing in the morning not only drastically reduces your urge to snack throughout the day, but also gives the brain energy to run off of.
Most of us are "foggy brained" when we wake up in the morning, but a smart breakfast can help jumpstart your body into gear and prepare you for a productive day. Breakfasts don't have to be daunting and complicated, they can be as easy as a smoothie bowl that's filled with foods your body will be able to put to use, like healthy omega-fats and quick digesting carbohydrates from the banana. This is my go-to recipe when I'm crunched for time but want to make sure I'm starting my day off on the right foot! A healthy mind is one that is fueled with proper nutrients such as the ones packed in this smoothie bowl.
This banana and berries smoothie bowl is made with vanilla protein powder, but you can use any flavor you like. Sliced almonds and chia seeds adorn the bowl to give it texture and healthy omega-3 fats.
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ large banana, cut into thick slices
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Place almond milk, protein powder, blueberries, and ice in blender; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place smoothie in a medium bowl. Top with remaining blueberries, banana, blackberries, almonds, and chia seeds; serve immediately.
Serves: 1 serving