Fresh vegetables are currently plentiful in this warm summer season. This easy recipe is a healthy and tasty way to prepare them.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for sautéing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 summer squashes, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Dried thyme
- Fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheeses
Note: Try to keep the slice thickness the same for all of the sliced veggies.
- Sauté the garlic and onions in the olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the garlic and onion mixture on the bottom of the pan and then begin to stack your veggie slices vertically.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in an oven set at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle on the cheese and then return to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is a golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy eating your vegetables!