This creamy, cozy, low carb soup will come in handy for cool Fall nights ahead. It's also a recipe you can throw together ahead of time and put in a crock-pot for a rushed evening or meal on the go.
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook bacon in large pot until crispy.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter in pot and add garlic, onion, carrots and celery.
- Cook until tender 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and bay leaf and cook until barely crisp-tender.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and chicken broth.
- Whisk constantly until slightly thickened.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If your chowder is too thick, add a little more milk until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Garnish with bacon and parsley.