I am currently in a position where I have to make a financial decision, my car. There are tons of questions that have to be asked and many more that I have to answer. Stressful is putting it mildly.
Here is a list of questions that I asked myself to help me come to a decision:
- What are the financial responsibilities?
- Is this what is best for my future?
- Is this a commitment that I am ready to accept?
- How does this affect my everyday life?
- Are there any changes that I will need to make?
These are just a few of the questions that I asked myself for the purpose of my car. Here is another list to help you make everyday decisions:
- Does this affect anyone else but me?
- How will it affect them?
- Does this directly impact my life?
- Will it change anything?
- Will this change my opinion of myself?
- Do I need this right now?
- Is it a need or a want?
There are many more questions that can be asked, it just depends on the situation. After all of the questions are asked I like to make a Pro’s and Con’s list. I then take my answers and the Pro’s and Con’s list to help me make a final decision. This is also how I keep myself from making impulse decisions.