Did you know blackberries have numerous health benefits? Here are a few: packed with vitamin C, high in fiber and high in magnesium! Not only can you enjoy them alone blackberries can be made into a delicious Mocktail for your gathering or just for fun.
Blackberry Lemon Mocktail
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. honey or more
- Sparkling Water
- Rosemary or Mint for Garnish
- Muddle blackberries, lemon juice, vanilla, honey, and a splash of the sparkling water.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove any blackberry seeds.
- Transfer it to a lovely glass filled with ice and fill the remainder of the glass with club soda or sparkling water.
- Garnish with some fresh blackberries and rosemary.
Blackberry Simple Syrup
This simple syrup can be made up to 5 days ahead of time. Add to soda water, pour over ice cream or even pancakes.
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- ½ T lemon juice
- Options: add a pinch of ground cinnamon or a few sprigs of mint
Bring all ingredients in a medium saucepan to boil while stirring frequently over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes, mashing the berries and stirring frequently. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard solids a and let liquid cool. Store in an airtight container up and refrigerate.