If you are looking for a healthy, delicious alternative to traditional hamburgers this is it! This recipe is a crowd favorite here at Brookhaven Retreat. Not only are these burgers tasty, they are high in fiber, protein, and other nutrients to keep you full and satisfied. Try this recipe the next time you are thinking about grilling burgers outside or just looking for a new weeknight dinner idea!
Recipe from our very own Brookhaven Retreat chefs!
Crispy Quinoa Burgers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked chickpeas, ground in food processor
½ cup cooked carrots, ground in food processor
- 2 green onions, sliced very thin
2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs (add more if mixture won’t stick as patties)
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- 12 slider buns or burger buns, depending on patty size
- Avocados for topping
- Mix quinoa, ground chickpeas, carrots, green onions, and garlic in large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs and add to mixture.
- Form into patties.
- Grill each side until crispy.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and dress burger as desired.
- Life’s Natural Disasters...
- When Our Ego Does the Talking...