Brookhaven Retreat's Program Counselors perform a direct care role and are responsible for performing a wide variety of client care activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for client safety and care under the direction of the nursing staff and Program Director.
- Maintain quality of care through personal connection and one-on-one service to clients.
- Orient new clients and represent the program by providing comfort and guidance during first 72 hours of client’s stay.
- Ensure client understanding and completion of projects as assigned by primary therapists.
- Conduct experiential groups aimed at creating life-skills, functionality, independence and wellness in women.
- Ensure clients attend therapy and experiential groups throughout the day.
- Perform room checks, accompaniment to hospital of clients in a medical emergency and assistance with household duties.
- Document client status daily in Program Counselor shift report.
- Ensure client safety through regular and precautionary checks on each client.
Education and Experience
Master's degree in social work, psychology or other human relations field preferred.
Bachelor's with 2-3 years strong work experience in substance abuse and/or mental health required.
F-endorsement on current driver’s license is required.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to listen to and soothe clients.
Knowledge of state and federal statutes regarding patient confidentiality laws.
Proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to excel in a direct care role caring for women with complex mental health and substance abuse issues.
Four 10-hour days, schedule options include:
- 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- 1:30 PM to midnight
- 11:00 PM to 7:30AM.
Competitive pay and 100% benefits.