- There are so many women who suffer from PTSD as a result of some type of traumatic event.
- There is not one specific type of event that can cause PTSD.
- Many individuals with PTSD use alcohol or other substances as a way to cope with their disorder.
- Many individuals who have PTSD are misdiagnosed with other disorders because the symptoms can be very similar to those of other disorders.
- Many women go untreated for their PTSD.
Self-evaluation: Do I have post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?