Utility Pages (2)
Brookhaven Retreat, LLC
Revision Date: December 14, 2009
Types of information we collect:
- “Personal information” is information you provide about yourself so that we can respond to your requests. Brookhaven Retreat uses your personal information for the purpose it is submitted to us, which may include providing it to third parties with whom we have relationships to deliver the information or services you request. Our website may contain public forums such as chat rooms and bulletin boards for the use of our Users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information; therefore you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Brookhaven Retreat reserves the right to disclose or use any User information which is already publicly available or which is posted by the User to a chat room, forum, bulletin board or other public forum. Brookhaven Retreat may also use the personal information you provide to us to send you information that we believe may be of interest to you, including newsletters and other items related to Brookhaven Retreat. You have a right to opt out of receiving this information, as described below in “Opting Out”.
- Children's privacy:
Brookhaven Retreat is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. Brookhaven Retreat does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, and Brookhaven Retreat does not knowingly target its Sites to children under the age of 13.
Messages that you may send through the Site or through email is not secure and may be susceptible to third party interception. Accordingly, when you transmit information to Brookhaven Retreat, you do so at your own risk. Select pages within our site may run in a secure-server environment. In locations like these, that information is encrypted and is protected with the encryption software SSL.
- With whom we share your information:
Brookhaven Retreat will not share your personal information with third parties except in responding to your requests for information or services. Brookhaven Retreat may share personal information as needed to comply with legal requirements, court orders, government or law enforcement agency requests, to protect or defend Brookhaven Retreat (including but not limited to Brookhaven Retreat's patients, staff, alumni, or property), where we perceive an immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to someone as a result of activity on the Site, or as otherwise authorized by federal medical privacy rules under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. These disclosures may occur under circumstances where Brookhaven Retreat may not be authorized to advise you of such action. The laws applicable to personal information vary from country to country. Brookhaven Retreat complies with the applicable United States legal requirements, which may be less restrictive than laws found in other countries.
To opt-out of communications with Brookhaven Retreat, use any of the following methods:
- Contact us by e-mail from the email address on file with Brookhaven Retreat. In the subject line of your email, put "opt-out" or "unsubscribe".
- Write your specific request to the Brookhaven Retreat Privacy Office. Be sure to provide your name, e-mail and postal address, and relevant information about your Brookhaven Retreat subscriptions and registrations.
- Keeping your information secure:
Brookhaven Retreat is committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us which is not being shared with third parties with your permission. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Brookhaven Retreat has attempted to put in place appropriate physical and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. In the event of any breaches to our security system of which we become aware, we will notify you if it is reasonable to believe that your personal information was acquired by any unauthorized person.
- Intellectual Property:
The content displayed on our website belongs to or is licensed to Brookhaven Retreat. The content is protected by United States and foreign intellectual property laws. The content may be printed, downloaded, emailed, or used for personal/noncommercial use only. No part of our website may be reproduced, redistributed, reused, or modified for any other purpose without the prior written permission of Brookhaven Retreat. When you print, download, or email a copy of any part of our website, you must also include all copyright, trademark, and other notices that are displayed in the content, including the copyright notice on the bottom of the page. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Brookhaven Retreat and its licensors.
If you violate any of these terms, your permission to use the content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any portion of the content.
- Changes to this Policy:
- Contacting us:
Brookhaven Retreat, LLC
1016 I.C. King Road
Seymour, Tennessee 37865