Who Will Be My Valentine??
So, I have made it through the holidays and just as things are getting back to normal…. out comes the hearts, flowers, singing stuffed animals holding “XOXO Lovey Bear” hearts, the sparkling diamonds on every commercial that say “this love is forever”, etc… geeze. Another Valentine’s Day single. I should wear black this February 14th to protest….
Is this what you immediately contemplate if you don’t have a date on Valentine’s Day? Did you know that there will be over 85 million people in the U.S. that will be single February 14, 2009??? ”What is a single person to do”, you ask. Well… here are some ideas for you to try this year:
1. Date night with yourself. Order your favorite take out, put on a new pair of pajamas and start that new book that has been sitting next to your bed since Christmas, turn off your cell phone, give yourself a facial, take a bubble bath, mani and pedi, or whatever YOU want to do… it’s your date.
2. Spend the evening with your celebrity crush…. Brad Pitt, Matthew McConaughey, Johnny Depp, George Clooney, etc…. Rent a dozen of his movies and have an eye candy marathon!
3. Grab a group of single friends and go to dinner together.
4. Offer to babysit for a couple who would want to enjoy an evening out… you know you still long to have a reason to eat chocolate chip cookies for dinner in the blanket fort you built (oh, what it was like to be a kid!!!) …. teach the kids how much fun that can be…
5. Organize a “Secret Admirers” gifting session with your single gals. Have everyone draw names but can’t tell who each other has… Then everyone can send each other chocolates, flowers, Teddy Bears, etc. on Valentine’s Day… Everyone gets a special surprise!
6. Make plans to go watch a movie with a friend you haven’t seen in a long time.
7. Take this opportunity to stay in and hand-write some thank you notes or letters to friends and family.
8. Host a theme party at home. Everyone has to wear red, or wear a FAB dress and have a “Single in the City” dinner. Have everyone bring their ipod with a new playlist for the evening.
9. Get caught up on your beauty sleep. We all can use a few extra ZZZ’s.
10. Remember that love doesn’t need a specific day to tell someone when to buy flowers, cards, candy, mushy teddy bears, etc…. It is commercialized this day, and you are going to love yourself not only today, but everyday!SubscribeDiggdel.icio.usRedditStumbleUpon