We are proud of our program and the treatment we provide and welcome any questions you may have as you begin searching for a treatment center. Admission specialists are available daily to provide information about Brookhaven Retreat, as well as specific information about the focus and approach of our programs.
All calls are kept confidential and an admission specialist may ask several questions about the kind of treatment you or your loved one may need, as well as some background information.
If you choose Brookhaven Retreat's services, a telephone intake assessment will be required before admission can be scheduled. This takes approximately 45 minutes and covers clinical and medical background information.
We have a full concierge service to transport our clients to and from the airports in Knoxville.
The Lily Program™ and the Poncho Program in combination are a 90 day program. The programs are purchased in 30-day increments. The need to stay beyond the first 30-day increment will be a clinical recommendation. The recommendation may also be to move to a non-residential program.
- Brookhaven Retreat is a private pay treatment center and does not accept insurance as a form of payment.
- If you plan on relying on your insurance to reimburse you for any portion of your treatment expenses, it is imperative that you contact your insurance company to get the details regarding your coverage well in advance of your admission to our program.
- Brookhaven Retreat does not employ insurance billers and accordingly, insurance claim processing/coding and pre-certifications are not provided.
- Brookhaven Retreat is not contracted with any insurance companies and does not file insurance or accept any type of insurance as payment, including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, or TennCare. Costs associated with care are the responsibility of the client. While we will provide you full documentation of all care, Brookhaven Retreat is not responsible for filing insurance claims or your insurance company's final decisions regarding reimbursement. Your insurance company may be able to assist you in making a retroactive claim if your insurance policy allows this.
- Brookhaven Retreat is not “in-network” with any insurance provider, and accordingly, makes no representations about whether or not you will receive any reimbursement from your insurance company.
- This page describes our programs and policies and is a good resource to forward to your insurance company if you need to.
- Costs associated with care are the responsibility of the client.
- If a bed is made available to you, the process of arranging setting a date and traveling to Brookhaven Retreat for admission should be planned with your admission specialist.
- The methods of payment we accept are:
- cashier's check
- wire transfer (contact your admissions specialist for wiring instructions)
- We do not and cannot accept personal checks, third party checks or credit cards.
- Payment in full must be made in advance or at the time of admission.
We do not offer any payment programs.
- We do not have any scholarship programs.
- Services can be purchased only in 30-day program increments. We do not offer services on a daily or prorated basis.
- Once the client has been admitted, the fee is non-refundable.
- The fee does not include prescriptions, laboratory services and off-site services (these providers may be able to bill your insurance even though we do not).
- The guarantor of payment does not have to be present at admission, but does have to sign the guarantor agreement. This can be emailed or overnighted to you, but must be returned fully-executed for an admission to take place.
- If you have guardianship over a person that might be admitted, we need copies of guardianship documents prior to admission.
- The payment for an additional 30-day stay is due 7 days before that stay commences. Once a payment is made it is non-refundable.
- Brookhaven Retreat is unable to cash checks for clients. If you wish to send funds to a resident at Brookhaven Retreat, this can be done by sending a debit card or a Western Union check. Please do not send cash in the mail.
Method of Arrival
- Most clients arrive by car or plane, and are usually accompanied.
- Some clients drive themselves to the facility. For the duration of their stay, we will park their car on campus, which they will not be able to use during their stay.
Brookhaven Retreat is fully accredited and licensed in four distinct areas of expertise:
- Mental Health Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Mental Health Adult Residential Treatment
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Residential Detoxification Treatment
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Rehabilitation Treatment
See our licensing and accreditation page for more information.