Fish is quick to prepare, making it a great weekday dinner idea. It also adds a healthy balance to any weekend splurges and provides healthy fats we need for proper brain function. Try serving this dish with a side of healthy grains like quinoa or wheat berries to make a filling, fiber-packed dinner that’s ready in no time.
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 small)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Drizzle fillets with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Sprinkle evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange fillets on grill rack or grill pan; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Grate lemon rind to equal 1-½ teaspoons, squeeze juice to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Combine rind, juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/8 tablespoons salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper, zucchini and dill in a bowl.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Place one fillet on each of four plates.
- Top each serving with about 2/3 cup salad; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon almonds.
Source: Cooking Light