Some mornings, despite our very best efforts at sleep, we suffer from a poor night’s rest and it shows. Whether because of a new sleeping environment, a thunderstorm, or daily stress, nothing further drags you down into morning despondency quite like looking in the mirror to see a haggard pair of puffy, bleary eyes staring back. That is not the way to start a day!
Rejuvenating your face helps infuse us with a fresher, more energetic outlook for the day. Seeing yourself looking bright and alert helps you feel that way, too. Spend self-time making this cooling and tightening cucumber gel, and the next time you are feeling the effects of a bad night’s sleep, pat this onto the skin around your eyes to feel renewed, refreshed and ready to face the day.
In this recipe, cucumber acts as an anti-inflammatory, and both cools and soothes skin while firming cells. Cranberry oil’s antioxidants and vitamins help skin repair damage and retain moisture.
- 2 tablespoons 100 percent aloe vera gel
- 1/8 cucumber
- Cranberry seed oil
- Rinse and peel the cucumber.
- Cut lengthwise and remove seeds, then cut into small pieces.
- Add cucumber pieces to a food processor and process until liquefied.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve and into a bowl.
- Mix one tablespoon of cucumber juice with two tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Add a few drops of cranberry oil and mix well.
- Scoop mixture into a small cosmetics container with a tight fitting lid and store in the refrigerator up to two weeks.