Passion Fruit Oil
Maracuja oil has been showing up in many skincare, haircare and cosmetic products over the past few years. Derived from passion fruit seeds, it is extremely emollient and rich in vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
Because of these natural benefits and its lack of harmful chemicals, maracuja oil is a restorative beauty treat for both skin and hair. It is high in fatty acids and full of powerful antioxidants, making it especially beneficial for maturing or acne-prone skin.
- Anti-aging: Antioxidants protect skin from DNA damaging free radicals, slowing the aging process.
- Rejuvenating: Vitamin A encourages cell repair and helps skin maintain its structure, which keeps it plump and fresh-looking.
- Calming: Because it is such a powerful anti-inflammatory, maracuja oil reduces swelling, irritation and redness, calming acneic skin and imparting a healthy glow.
- Hydrating: Passion fruit seed oil is light and non-greasy, absorbs quickly into the skin and hydrates without leaving a shiny or tacky residue.
Reap the benefits of this recently discovered ingredient by adding it to your facial serums, conditioners, moisturizers and facial masks. Try using it as a moisturizer both morning and night, or adding it to hair several hours before washing to leave it soft and shiny.
To use passion fruit oil in a self-care recipe, try the following:
Restorative Coconut and Passion Fruit Hair Mask
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon passion fruit seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Warm all three ingredients in the microwave and blend together.
- Section off wet or dry hair and apply generously, focusing on driest and most damaged areas.
- Pin up hair and wrap with a shower cap.
- Wait 30-40 minutes. Take this time to read a book, chat with a friend or let the wonderful scent melt your anxiety away.
- After 30 minutes, wash mask off and follow with shampoo and conditioner.