This Mediterranean style dinner nourishes both your taste buds and your mental wellness. Thanks to the olives, grape tomatoes and olive oil, this delicious dish is rich in nutrients that are both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which support overall physical and mental health.
To get the biggest mental health improvement that is both filling and delectable, try this sautéed chicken over a plate of brown rice or quinoa.
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 30 pitted Kalamata olives, cut lengthwise into slivers
- 16 grape tomatoes, stemmed and quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Score top of chicken breasts with sharp knife; place in large glass baking dish.
- Whisk 1/2 cup oil, lemon juice, 6 teaspoons oregano, and garlic in small bowl to blend.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill 3 tablespoons dressing for tomatoes.
- Pour remaining dressing over chicken; turn chicken to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Toss olives, tomatoes, feta, remaining 2 teaspoons oregano, and reserved dressing in medium bowl.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto chicken.