The classic noodle dish with a twist - literally. This spiralized veggie salad uses nutritious vegetables to imitate the flavor and texture of a traditional Asian meal! By replacing the noodles with vegetables, we increase our intake of essential vitamins and minerals that boost our immune system, alleviate stress and support good mental health, all while keeping the same delicious taste.
- 5 cups spiralized zucchini (which is about 1 large zucchini or 2-3 small zucchinis)
- 2 cups spiralized peeled carrots (which is about 3 medium carrots or 5-6 small carrots)
- 1-cup watercress
- ½ cup Asian Tang Dressing (directions to follow)
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- Handful of whole cilantro
- With a spiralizer (an item you can buy online or in the store) on the smallest chop setting, spiralize both the zucchini and the carrots and put them into a large mixing bowl. If you don’t have a spiralizer, julienne the vegetables.
- Toss in watercress and Asian Tang Dressing.
- Add the walnuts and toss again.
- Spoon into bowls, and top each serving with a generous portion of cilantro.
Asian Tang Dressing
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium tamari
- ¼ cup unpasteurized, low-sodium miso paste
- 1/3 cup cold, filtered water
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. powdered stevia or about 15-20 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¾ Tbs. ginger, peeled and grated
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Yields about 1 cup.
Source: Beauty Detox Food