Thanksgiving has come and gone and we begin ushering in the season with refreshing aroma of broad pine trees, freshly baked gingerbread cookies and the smell of peppermint so sweet you could taste it. During this brief moment of calm, it is the perfect time to unwind, de-stress and take a moment to love our selves with this peppermint sugar scrub.
Along with a few essential ingredients that can be found in nearly any kitchen, this DIY body scrub also contains essential oil peppermint. Just a few drops of peppermint have been shown to ease headaches, reduce depression, improve alertness and alleviate anxiety. Take some time out this season to nurture your skin and mental health with this scrumptious sugar body scrub.
Assemble the following:
- Glass container
- A pinch of raspberry juice or food coloring
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- Pour 2 cups sugar into bowl; add ¼ coconut oil.
- Mix with spoon until ingredients are fully combined with a nice consistency.
- Add a few drops essential oil; stir.
- If you prefer a stronger scent, add more.
- Divide scrub into two equal parts in separate containers.
- Add a bit of food coloring or raspberry juice to one container to give it a nice pink-red color.
- Make a large funnel out of a piece of paper (a small one will not allow enough room for the sugar scrub to pass through it) and add a small amount into the jar.
- Press the sugar down lightly so that the sugar is even.
- Add a white layer so that they are about the same height and flatten it.
- Continue back and forth with as many layers and as thick or thin a layer you would like.
- Store using a tightly sealed lid.