With the beginning of 2015 we have a fresh start, an opportunity to dedicate this year to one of life organization. You may wonder what exactly life organization is. Well, it’s the process of creating a life that matches who you truly are, your dreams, desires and goals. Brookhaven Retreat works with women who are struggling with depression, anxiety, addiction and substance abuse to redefine their needs and wants to build a life structure that is supportive of joy and wellness.
Living a life that fulfills us seems like it would be simple, but if it were we would all be doing it. “The Life Organizer,” a book written by Jessica Louden, lists five steps to follow as a guide to creating a life that is intentional.
- Connect with something that enables you to redirect your energy and invites wisdom.
- Allow love, inspiration and knowledge into your life.
- Feel what your heart is telling you and focus on what truly makes you happy.
- Apply what you dream of and be proactive in you life. If you want something do it, because ultimately how we spend our day is how we spend our life.
- Ask mindful questions to open up possibilities and opportunities you never knew were available. For example, “What story do you want to live?”
Life organizing is about realizing that life is made up of choices. When we begin embracing this helpful skill we increase our energy and creativity, learn to accept what is happening now without judgment, fear or anxiety, and truly discover that we are the creator of our life, in fact it is one of the few things in which we have control.