These rolled chicken breasts are a crowd pleaser that is sure to liven up any weeknight dinner. With a variety of fresh vegetables and plenty of protein, it is sure to make that weeknight dinner a healthy one too. Savory brown rice made with organic chicken stock will add a vitamin and antioxidant boost to this delicious meal that can help ward off depression and anxiety. Serve with a small side salad and you have a weeknight dinner that is sure to warm your soul.
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts, about 4 oz each
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 4 oz Button Mushrooms
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary Leaves
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Mixed Greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Use a meat mallet to beat out until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and season with salt and pepper. Process until you have a finely chopped and combined mixture.
- Spread the mushroom mixture evenly on one side of the chicken breasts. Roll up the breasts to encase the stuffing and secure with toothpicks.
- Cut four squares of parchment paper and wrap up each chicken roll carefully. Place the parcels on a baking sheet and cook in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Unwrap the chicken rolls and remove the toothpick. Slice into rounds and serve with a fresh salad of your choice and savory brown rice.
Source: The Italian Diet - Gino D’Acampo